Kapiʻolani Medical Center for Women & Children Kobayashi and Kosasa Family Dining Room
Located on the second floor, the new space features a 9,000SF kitchen and 14,000SF dining room, three new conference rooms, 1,800SF outdoor lanai, and an interactive Keiki Zone play area.
Architecture, Interior Design
- 2022 AIA Honolulu Merit Award
- 2020 NAIOP Kukulu Hale Award Nonprofit Project Category
- 2020 BIA Building Industry Design & Construction Awards Overall Grand Award
- 2020 BIA Building Industry Design & Construction Awards Grand Award Commercial Remodeling
- 2020 ASID Design Excellence Awards Healthcare Award
The design elements of the space reflect the sustainability of the Hawaiian land division concept of an ahupuaʻa, the wedge-shaped land sections that run from the mountains to the sea. The design features the three main elements of the ahupuaʻa – ma uka (mountain), kula (plains) and makai (sea) – in the selection of natural materials, which transition from one zone to the next, yet harmonize in a sophisticated, yet playful manner.